Service Desk Agent
You will be supplying Tier 1 IT Support to both internal and external clients; taking and logging calls and in certain circumstances resolving incidents and requests during or shortly after a call. You will be operating under pressure in a fast-paced environment with a wide range of customers and systems and will need to maintain a cheerful and approachable manner at all times while being firm on the levels of service provided. There may be an element of shift work and/or on call.
• Monitoring dashboards and alerting relevant staff when parameters require it
• Taking calls and logging Incident and Request tickets with appropriate priorities and categories
• Fixing first line incidents where possible and delivering Service Requests where applicable
• Dispatching incidents to Tier 2 Support staff where needed and including all relevant information about diagnostic steps taken and symptoms of the occurrence.
• Conforming to clearly laid down procedure and process and delivering work within stringent Service Level Objectives
• Converting new fixes into Knowledge for future Service Desk use
Skills and Qualifications Required
• Excellent communications skills in written and verbal forms. Able to communicate with customers and colleagues at all levels of technical expertise
• Windows 7,8,10 knowledge/experience
• Mac OSX knowledge/experience
• iOS 7 and above, Android 6 and above knowledge
• Service Desk experience in a fast-paced multi-client environment
• Experience using a Service Management Tool for logging incidents and requests, and creating Knowledge Base Articles
• Understanding of Service Level Objectives, Incidents and Requests
• Basic understanding of Changes and Problems
Desirable but Not Required
• ITIL Foundation (V2 or V3)
• Full driving licence desirable but not essential
• Knowledge of network management solutions such as SolarWinds, Logic Monitor or similar
• Service Desk related qualifications such as SDI, COMPTIA
• Microsoft MTA Certification
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org marked FAO Tom Kelsall.
Suggested Salary Range £18-23kpa DOE plus benefits.
Strictly no agencies thank you